Golden Eyes & Red Lips


Hey LOVES ! 
As promised, here's a detailed post about most of the products I used in my most recent makeup tutorial.

1. Black Radiance Color Perfect Foundation

This is an oil-free liquid foundation which is usually the type of foundation I go for, given that I have pretty oily skin overall. I wear the 8416 Mocha Honey shade and find that it matches my "winter to spring" skintone very well. I've been "tanning" quite a bit recently and I'm considering getting a shade darker, however, because it's the summer, I only use a bit of foundation, and apply it almost as if it were a concealer.
This foundation blends into my skin pretty smoothly and highlights my skin's undertones (which are yellowish/reddish), so I really do love that about it.

2. Mary Kay Powder Cake

I've struggle to find the ideal powder for me from London to Dakar, and then I stumbled upon this GEM and literally fell in love. I swear by this powder. It's perfect for setting my foundation, and even greater at being the only thing on my skin when I don't feel like wearing foundation (which is almost everyday ever since the REAL HEAT has hit us over here lol). My shade is #2 and what I love about this powder is that it does not leave me feeling as pale as I would with other powders. This Mary Kay powder comes with twice the amount of powder as the box has two levels. I'll elaborate on that in a video lol as I don't think it makes much sense right now :P

3. Black Radiance Artisan Color Baked Blush

This has got to be one of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE make-up purchases and I will tell you why. As a woman of color, I never truly understood the purpose of a blush, if anything, I found that it just made us look like dolls, and enhanced the fact that we are wearing make-up. That was until I discovered this AMAZING blush. It's the CA8306 Toasted Almond and, my goodness, it really is flattering to my skin tone. I use it almost as a bronzer, to give my face its 3 dimension back after applying powder, so you'll see this on my cheekbones, temples, and the sides of my nose. It's a perfect color to play with my skin's undertones.

4. Jordana Eyeliner

I'm so picky when it comes to the pencil I use on my eyebrows. It just needs to be the perfect shade of brown and feel light on my eyebrows after I've applied it. I stumbled upon this brand "Jordana" at my local beauty supply store and found this eyeliner in the shade 06 Dark Brown. Yes it is an EYELINER and not an eyebrow pencil but I found that it works just as well, if not better, than my previous pencil. 

5. Eyeshadows from the em Michelle Phan Life Palette

I could spend a whole day talking about this palette given how much I love it and am glad I invested in it, but I'll keep it short. I'm just gonna quickly rave about the eyeshadows on this baby because they are so pigmented.. so rich in color, and they stay on the whole flippin' day/night or whatever.. NO PRIMER NEEDED, you better believe that ;) lol. The colors I used for the tutorial are shimmery. Not too much or too little, but just the right amount and I really love that. For a detailed review on this palette and other em Michelle Phan products I have, be sure to leave a comment :)

6. Beauty of Mind Longlasting Lipgloss

I found this brand in my local beauty supply store, I believe it's Arab of origin. This is actually a lip STAIN and not a gloss, but when they say it's longlasting, they mean.. this thing could be on your lips for 24 hours type of lasting! I'm in love with how pigmented this is, and love that it becomes matte as it dries. I do find that it is rather drying for the lips though so make sure you got yourself one hell of a lip balm prior to putting this stain on.

 Be sure to check out the tutorial on my channel if you haven't already!
LOVE YOU ALL.
<3




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

TWEET-HER ;)

Meet The Author